Fraser Island Taxi Service offers the most adventurous taxi journey you’ll ever have. Established in 1985 and the only taxi service of its kind, Fraser Island Taxi can pick up from anywhere on the Island and take to any destination on Fraser Island or in Queensland.
Living on Fraser Island for 10 years now and having visited the island over the last 40 years, Steve and Lisa are in a unique position to offer friendly advice or pass on local knowledge to help you make your own way on Fraser Island……
- We can pick you up from either of our three barge landings to travel to one of the island’s fabulous resorts or Holiday Homes
- Start and finish The Great Walk or one of our many walking tracks
- Bring a towel and enjoy Lake McKenzie or Eli Creek
- Visit Fraser Island’s remote areas “off the beaten track”
- To and from an Airstrip (including the “beach airstip”)
- Daytrippers wishing to see a rainforest and any of our numerous lakes
- School groups/Duke of Edinburgh Awards
- Visit the lighthouse or some of the island’s historical sites
- Drop you off for fishing or birdwatching
- Only a phone call away to check with beach/track/fishing conditions etc
Take the stress off, enjoy the sights and leave the driving in the hands of professionals. We are also there to help out in times of need so even if you are hiring a car or bringing your own vehicle to Fraser Island our number is worth saving just in case.
Bookings are essential as there is only one Taxi on the island. We can seat up to 8 people (6-8 passengers is classed as a Maxi-Taxi) and have roof racks to be able to carry luggage, back packs for walking and fishing rods etc. All beach travels are dictated by Tide Times. Best travel times are at low tide or two hours either side, we work with Waddy Point (Fraser Island) tidal times.
You don’t need your own 4WD to see Fraser Island nor do you have to book a tour, we can help you bring your island adventure to life. With that special magic moment, wedding or a birthday surprise, relax on the beach/lake, business function or work requirements, or if the unexpected happens we can help you tailor your Fraser Island travel to suit your needs.
Make your own tyre tracks and footprints with us, your local friendly Fraser Island Taxi Service, a great alternative to see the island.